Welcome and I hope you visit often
I specialize in playing upright and electric bass in the styles of Classic Country, Bluegrass & Rockabilly while Touring, Recording and Teaching. I love feeling the music to add to, but not intrude on, the other musicians’ interpretation of the song. I just lay down a solid bass foundation within which they can work, but I can sure jam on when required!
Dynamics of the song are so important and I work hard to match them with the others playing and singing, I offer professionalism, a fun but hard working attitude, an understanding of the Nashville number system, backup vocals.
I’m also a utility player offering strong Rhythm Guitar, Mama Maybelle Carter style Guitar work (The Carter Scratch technique), Luther Perkins & Bob Wootton (Johnny Cash’s guitarists) style Lead Guitar work, flatpicking Bluegrass Lead Guitar work, Banjo, Mandolin, and more!
I have a current passport and flight cases for my basses and amp.
I love to play:
- Classic Country Music (I’m a Honky Tonk gal at heart),
- Bluegrass (raw and beautiful) and
- Rockabilly (Oh, the power and free-spiritedness of it!)
- Swedish/Scandinavian/Finnish (on nyckelharpa, fiddle and mandolin, too!)
Partial Group Resume’:
- Tennessee Three (band that backed up Johnny Cash)
- Adam Pope & The Rebel Roots (Original Country, Rockabilly & Bluegrass)
- Jett Williams backing band
- David Church Straight Up Country Band
- Lloyd Wood backing band (Classic Country, Bluegrass and Comedy)
- Reedy Buzzards (Vintage Acoustic Country Music)
- Texas '55 (Rockabilly and Classic Country)
- No Brakes (Bluegrass)
- see my ‘Discography’ page and ‘Gigs Archive’ page for more (sorry - under construction at this time)!
(photo by David Blood, Madison TN)